Love in fact, does not conquer all. It’s a common misconception that if you love someone, everything else will work itself out, but love alone is not enough.
Acceptance is what will get you through to the other side. Acceptance doesn’t mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that you can choose it for exactly what it is. Because when you do choose it for what it is and what it isn’t, it brings something entirely new into your world.
Once there is acceptance you bring peace and change to your energy, and from there anything you create with the person you love is possible.
That’s not to say that you must accept everything in your relationship. You shouldn’t accept any abuse in your relationship; physically or emotionally and you must establish your deal breakers along with making sure you are compatible, have similar core values and a vision for your future.
However, there are things you must accept in the one you love and in your relationship in order to bring peace into your life.
Here are 20 things you must accept for your relationship to succeed:
- Accept the things you cannot change
- Accept that you cannot fix your partner
- Accept that your partner is not perfect
- Accept that not everyone will behave as you do
- Accept that just because they don’t behave like you, it doesn’t make them wrong
- Accept the their flaws
- Accept love as they are able to give it to you
- Accept that you love them
- Accept that we all experience things (including love) differently
- Accept that sometimes they can be a bit of a mess
- Accept the mess in the sink
- Accept that they are human and will make mistakes
- Accept their apology
- Accept your differences
- Accept that everyone has a past
- Accept that they can not read your mind
- Accept that they can’t live up to an expectation you don’t communicate
- Accept that you are not always right
- Accept that there will be good and bad times
- Accept them
What you resist will persist, and will drive you absolutely crazy. By accepting, you are opening up a space for something completely new to happen in your relationship. Can you accept the challenge?
What other things do you think we need to accept in our partners and relationships in order to succeed? Tell me in the comments section.